What is it you want from life? Maybe a new car, maybe to win tattslotto maybe an intimate partner? For some of us the list is probably endless. If we were to have a look at our desires a little closer could it be that the things we crave and yearn for are all the symptom of wanting to be happy! We think that that new car will bring us happiness or that relationship will fill our need to be loved and again feel happy.
Yet what if things actually worked the other way around! What if it was in attaining happiness from within that we actually were able to bring into our reality those things we most desire…. and not only bring them in but have the BEST of what we bring in! The best car! A big win! The perfect relationship!
If this is so I guess the question is how to be happy within? To answer this we probably need to understand happiness in a different way. In some circles all emotions are considered as an energy, or vibration. The lower vibrations being - hate, anger, jealousy, greed etc the higher vibrations are set at happiness, understanding, forgiveness and love (of the unconditional type) being at the highest vibrational ranking.
This suggests that an approach to inner happiness would be two fold. One by which we recognise and release lower vibration feelings and the next where we build higher vibrational feelings. So what can we do to shift these vibrations?!
* MEDITATE IT
- There are many different types of meditation techniques that can be used to raise our vibration…….breathing, mantra and guided to name a few.
* THINK IT, SAY IT
- try going a minute, hour, day week, month without complaining
-re-train our mind to remember the things in our lives that have previously made us feel happy, recall the times where we laughed or found something funny.
- choose to watch, read, listen and talk about the positive in life
* SIMPLE ISN’T IT
- get back to basics find the simple things in life that cause you to feel happy, maybe laughing with a friend, enjoying a flower, listening to the rain on the roof at night,
- listen to uplifting music
* EAT IT
- the age old saying really is true - you are what you eat….. if you fill your body with lots of (low vibration food) like take away, high sugar and unhealthy fats guaranteed you will feel, lethargic, more negative and agitated.
* MOVE IT
- choose to do physical activity that you enjoy, maybe a walk, yoga, dance, swimming…… (be aware of the difference between physcial activity that punishes and physcial activity that nourishes)
* CONNECT TO IT
- take time to really feel and connect to your earthly surroundings. Plug into the environment and feel the gift of energy and harmony it bestows upon you.
These are a few suggestions to get you started on creating ‘good vibrations'
Holistic Counsellor - The Natural Health & Wellness Clinic